- Prof. 1-700 WoD
- Cata Profession Perks/Bonus/Benefits List
- Alchemy Guide 1-700 WoD
- Blacksmithing Guide 1-700 WoD
- Enchanting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Inscription Guide 1-700 WoD
- Engineering Guide 1-700 WoD
- Jewelcrafting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Leatherworking Guide 1-700 WoD
- Tailoring Guide 1-700 WoD
- Mining Guide 1-700 WoD
- Mining/Herb Combo Guide 1-700 WoD
- Smelting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Skinning Guide 1-700 WoD
- Herbalism Guide 1-700 WoD
- Archaeology Guide 1-700 WoD
- Cooking Guide 1-700 WoD
- Fishing Guide 1-700 WoD
- First Aid Guide 1-700 WoD
- MoP Prep: All Professions 1-525 Video
- Skinning Guide 500-600 MoP
- WoD Leveling Fishing to 700: Darkmoon Faire
- Gold Making
- MoP / Old Era Gold Making
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Elixir/Flask Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Transmute Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Potion Spec
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining/Herb Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Mining Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Mining Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Cooking Gold Guide
- MoP: Skinning Gold Guide: Ep.1
- Stock Up List for Patch 5.2
- MoP: JC Gold Making Guide P1
- Farming in MoP EP.1: Mote of Harmony & Skyshards
- Farming in MoP EP.2: Mote of Harmony: Kun-Lai
- MoP Gold Making Ep.1 - 261k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.2 - 268k in 1day
- MoP Gold Making Ep.3 - 157k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.4 - 342k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.5 - 235k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.6 - 529k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.7 - 331k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.8 - 134k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.9 - 141k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.10 - 213k in 3days
- Adventures to 1mil: ALL
- Gold Capped Fun Videos
- Lowbie & AH Gold Guides
- Older Gold Making
- Mists of Pandaria: Stockpile List
- Alchemy Gold Guides
- Blacksmithing Gold Guides
- Enchanting Gold Guides
- Engineering Gold Guides
- Fishing: Best Northrend Spots!
- Herbalism Gold Guides
- Inscription Gold Guides
- Jewelcrafting Gold Guides
- Leatherworking Gold Guides
- Mining Gold Guides
- Tailoring Gold Guides
- Skinning Gold Guides
- Instance Farming Gold
- Outdoor Farming Gold
- Cooking Gold Guide - Old
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Deepholm
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Twilight
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Uldum
- Mining/Herb Gold Guides
- Archaeology Gold P4.3
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Kun-Lai Summit
- WoD: Alchemy Gold Making Guide
- WoD: How to Make Gold w/ Your Garrison!
- MoP / Old Era Gold Making
- Routes (Map Drawing) Addon Guide
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P2
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P1
- Auctionator (Auction House) Addon Guide
- Bagnon (Bag Organization) Addon Guide
- Recount (Damage Meter) Addon Guide
- How to Make: Mass Turn In Macro
- SellJunk Addon Guide
- Postal (Mail) Addon Guide
- BankStack (Organization) Addon Guide
- Tarou's Custom Routes
- Auctioneer Addon Guide - Old
- Quick Auctions 3 Guide - Old
- Random Raiding Strats
- Icecrown Citadel Strat Guides
- Lady Deathwhisper Strat - 2nd
- Heroic Lady Deathwhisper
- Blood Prince Council Strat: 4th
- Festergut Strat - 5th
- Professor Putricide Strat - 7th
- Blood Queen Lana'thel Strat: 9th
- Valithria Dreamwalker Strat: 10th
- Deathbringer Saurfang Strat
- Gunship Battle Strat
- Heroic Blood Prince Council
- Heroic Blood Queen Lana'thel
- Heroic Deathbringer Saurfang
- Heroic Festergut
- Heroic Gunship Battle
- Heroic Lord Marrowgar
- Heroic Rotface
- Lich King Strat - Final
- Lord Marrowgar Strat - 1st
- Rotface Strat
- Sindragosa Strat
- Mega Bloks - Goblin Zeppelin Ambush
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P1
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P14
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P2
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P3
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P4
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P5
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P6
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P7
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P8
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P9
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P10
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P11
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P12
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P13
- 1.5 Million in Items & Gold Giveaway
- Best Quest EVER!
- Bored Antics - Best Travel Service
- Holiday Achieve Guides
- New Darkmoon Faire Guide
- Hallow's End: Achievement Guide
- Pilgrim's Bounty Guide
- Winter Veil: Achievement Guide
- Lunar Festival: Achievement Guide
- Children's Week: Achievements & Pets Guide
- Day of the Dead: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Best Egg Hunting Towns
- Midsummer Festival: Achievement Guide
- Love is in the Air: Achievement Guide
- Lovely Charm Farm Spots
- Tarou's Gaming Comp Setup
- Cata Leveling Commentary 80-85
- Gearing Up at 80
- Jeeves the Butler Eng Guide
- Leveling 1-80 Tips
- 1 Million Christmas Giveaway
- 5k Mysterious Fortune Card Fun
- Guild Finder & Recruiter Guide
- How to: Fraps Tutorial
- Tarou Gets Personal
- Top 8 Stereotypes of WoW
- What if: Mages Removed
- A Thank You to Everyone!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.1 - Stop Clicking!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.2 - Nice Skills Nub!
- Class/Spec Guides
- Poke Pets
- WoD: How to Get the Fruit Hunter Pet!
- WoD: How to Get the Sky-Bo Pet!
- Pet Series Ep.9 - Terrible Turnip
- Pet Series Ep.8 - Mr. Grubbs
- Pet Series Ep.7 - Tiny Emerald Whelpling
- Pet Series Ep.6 - Giant Sewer Rat!
- Pet Series Ep.5 - Firefly & Sporebat!
- Pet Series Ep.4 - Baby Crocs x 4!
- Pet Series Ep.3 - Blue/Gold Mini Jouster!
- Pet Series Ep.2 - Crimson Whelpling!
- Pet Series Ep.1 - Phoenix Hatchling!
- Mists of Pandaria: Flying, Craftable PvP Sets, & More
- Server Transfer & Characters
- Upgrading Gear w/ Pts Tips
- Mists of Pandaria: Female Pandaren
- Mists of Pandaria: Grand Expedition Yak
- Mists of Pandaria: SM & Scholo Heroics
- Mists of Pandaria: The Jade Forest
- Mists of Pandaria: Valley of the Four Winds
- Mists of Pandaria: Beta Mini's
- Mists of Pandaria: Challenge Modes
- Mists of Pandaria: Fake Beta Email
- Mists of Pandaria: Pandaren Monk
- Mists of Pandaria: Pokemon
- Mists of Pandaria: Talents
- Mists of Pandaria: Thoughts
- Mists of Pandaria: Trailer
- Mists of Pandaria: Trending Top 3! Ep.1
- Mists of Pandaria: Wandering Isle 1-10
Cataclysm | WoW Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Potion Specialization
Below is an overview video and detailed walk-through on how to easily use Alchemy - Potion Spec to make a very good amount of gold every day. This Alchemy Gold Guide will cover all the basics you need to know so you easily optimize your Alchemy profession efficiently and get back to general gameplay quickly. As shown in the video and information below, Alchemy Potion Spec makes me around 2,900++ gold a day in profit and really is a wonderful profession that I suggest most have on atleast one of their characters! Please enjoy this Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Potion Spec and if you have any questions or feedback feel free to post them below in the comments or on our forums.
- WoW Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Potion Spec: Patch 4.0.6/4.1
Estimated daily time spent: < 30minutes.
Begin by maxing out Alchemy with my Alchemy Guide: 1-525 Leveling.
WoW Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Potion Spec: Getting Started & Getting Materials.
In this Alchemy Gold Making Guide, I'll be focusing on the Potion Spec'd side of Alchemy. To get started you'll need to have Alchemy leveled up decently and if you need help with that, check out Alchemy Guide 1-525 Leveling which can also teach you how to get the Alchemy Potion Specialization. If you had a specialization prior like Elixir or Transmute, then just see the person you got it from, unlearn it for 150g and go to Zangamarsh to see Lauranna Thar'well who can teach you the Potion Specialization. A good profession to go with Alchemy Potion Spec is Herbalism. Check my Herbalism Guide 1-525 Leveling page for help with that.
- Suggested Addons:
- Alright, now that the initial prep is out of the way, you can start rack in the cha-ching with Potion Alchemy. I like to start the day off getting mats for whichever CD I plan to do. Today, I'm going with Living Elements but you could also do Truegold or sell your cooldown in trade. As for which is better, take the sale price minus the mats and do the one with the highest profit.
- If you're buying mats for Truegold or any other transmute, do it during the day when prices are normal. Also if you choose instead to do the Living Elements transmute, see what the most expensive Volatile is on your server and trans that. Mine is air, so I take a quick portal to Uldum, transmute the lifes to airs, and then head back to the Auction House to list them for 12 hours undercutting any competition. The place you trans at decides what Volatile you'll get.
Uldum: Volatile Air
Mount Hyjal: Volatile Fire
Vashj'ir: Volatile Water
Deepholm: Volatile Earth
- Some players may not have 700g or whatever to spend on mats for Truegold so, 75g for Living Elements mats is really the way to go. You should make about double what you could sell a Truegold CD for on most servers.
- Next, I start buying up mats for making potions. The best time to get mats is early morning to afternoon or especially on the weekends. This is usually when they are the cheapest but monitor your server's Auction House to find out the best time for you since it can vary a bit. It's also a good idea to watch trade chat for bulk sellers and to setup some sort of CoD or direct trade deal with farmers if you can. Of course, if you already have Herbalism, farm the mats yourself by checking my Herbalism Gold Making Series on my website.
WoW Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Potion Spec: Making/Selling Potions
- Now that you've got some mats, you can start making potions. I'll start by making some Potion of Treasure Finding. These potions have yet to get super popular but anyone doing any sort of mob farming whether it be for cloth, random greens, or even Skinning in Cata zones, should take a Potion of Treasure Finding for the extra gold, greens, and Volatiles. The current proc rate for potions is pretty decent when compared to the other specs. Potion spec is also the most underrated spec and has the least amount of competition.
- The next potions I make are for raiding. Potion of Tol'vir, Golemblood Potion, and Volcanic Potion should be bought by any raider who wants to max their abilities out while fighting a boss. You can try making other potions as well but I would only test making a few at a time since the ones I'm making seemed to be the only worth the time on my server. After making everything, it's time to list some on the Auction House.
- Just like I mentioned in my Alchemy flask video, the key to selling potions is timing. 6-8pm is peak time for raids and that's when sales will really start to pick up. This is also when you may have the most competition but like I said before, Potion Spec is so underrated the competition is usually not there. I list a decent amount for 12 hours in singles and stacks of 20. You can also try messing around with other stack sizes to see if some are more popular than others.
WoW Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Potion Spec: Sales & Profit Totals
- Alright, so it's been it's been a day and time to see what sold, what didn't, and what the total profit was. While I'm not changing the amount of what sold, I am going to use current prices for mats and what you could sell the items for. Normally, I never do this but right now I sell Potion of Treasure Finding for around 115g each and a few weeks ago when I made this video they sold at 300g each or Potion of the Tol'vir that sold in stacks of 20 foir 360g. It's just too much of a difference and I don't want to be unrealistic and give you some crazy false hope. Instead, here is the break down with current prices. Either way what you should be doing is plugging in prices from your server anyway to see how it would do with your player base.
- Mat Costs:
Heartblossom - 5g
Stormvine - 3.5g
Whiptail - 5g
Azshara's Veil - 4.5g
Volatile Life - 5g
Cinderbloom - 3g
Potion of Treasure Finding x 133 casts + 33 procs = 11,704g
Potion of Treasure Finding Cost = 70.51g each
+2,415g in net sales (21 sold @ 115g ea.)
- 1480.71g in mats
= 934.29g in net profit
Potion of the Tol'vir x 158 casts + 20 procs = 1,343g
Potion of the Tol'vir Cost = 7.55g each
+1,872g in net sales (156 sold @ 12g ea.)
- 1,177.8g in mats
= 694g in net profit
Golemblood Potion x 106 casts + 14 procs = 1,060g
Golemblood Potion Cost = 8.84g each
+1,131g in net sales (87 sold @ 13g ea.)
- 769.08g in mats
= 2,330g in net profit
Volcanic Potion x 356 casts + 93 procs = 2,670g
Volcanic Potion Cost = 5.95g each
+2,167g in net sales (197 sold @ 11g ea.)
- 1,172.15g in mats
= 994.85g in net profit
For a Grand Total of:
+ 7,585g in net sales
- 4,599.74g in mats
= 2,985.26g in net profit for the day!
- You can add a few more hundred for the daily cooldown.
- Potion spec profit percent wise and low competition wise is way above Elixir spec but still below Transmute spec in daily profit potential. I think Potion spec is great for any player who only has 10-15 minutes to list items before they go raid. Just make some pots, throw them on the Auction House, and go rock Ala'kir with what you have left over.
- Try getting mats for the same price or cheaper than you can sell the item for and don't count procs. That way you should always net a profit.
- Finally as with any profession, test waters a bit before sinking a large amount of gold into it.
- That's it for this Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Potion Spec and I hope you liked it.
- Thanks for watching & reading^^!
- ""Now Go Make Some Pots or Something!"
- Other Alchemy Gold Making Guides: Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Transmute Spec & Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Elixir(Flask) Spec.
- Remember, World of Warcraft isn't just about making gold and really should be the smallest part of your playtime. I hope this guide will help you get rich but at the same time free up farm time so you can actually enjoy the game for what it is meant to be; fun! So, don't sit at your computer 24-7 just to make gold. Go out, raid, PvP, whatever, just make sure to have fun (^_^)v.